for approx. 10 servings
- 4 apples
- 6 apricots
- 1 organic lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1,5 litre water
- 3 tablespoons fruit concentrate / malt / syrup
- 2 teaspoons agar powder
- spices: pinch of cinnamon and cardamon
- Wash and dice fruit.
- Bring to boil in water with salt and spices.
- Boil for approx. 20 minutes.
- Wash lemon, grate off zest and squeeze out juice.
- Mix agar powder in bit of cold water. Add to cooked fruit, add lemon zest and juice. And if you really need to, add some concentrate, malt or syrup as well.
- Bring everything to boil again, make sure agar dissolves completely.
- Turn off heat and pour into bowls.
- Mixture will become thick after it’s cooled down.
- Do not expect that the mixture will become thick immediately after adding agar. It will all be quite liquid until it has cooled down completely. If you use more agar, you will be able to cut agar jelly with a knife, that’s how solid it will be. If you’re going to consume this dessert in hot summer, we recommend to use less agar to make sure it is moist and refreshing.
- Sweaten to taste. Note, that lemon juice will make the dessert quite sour.
- You can make this dessert using any type of fruit depending on season. Lemon is optional. It is very refreshing in hot summer.
- This jelly dessert is suitable for children aged 1 year and over.