- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 peach
- 2 tablespoons whole fruit concentrate
- pinch of salt
- Pour coconut milk over chia seeds, add fruit concentrate and salt and stir thoroughly. The seeds should not stick together and should start to gel.
- Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Peal peach, remove stone and cut into small pieces.
- Add peach to the seed mixture, decorate with herbs or edible flowers, and serve.
- The longer the seeds soak, the gellier the texture of the pudding. You can make the pudding in the evening, store it in the fridge overninght and have it ready for the morning
- Fruit may be added at the start as well as at the end.
- If your pudding does not gel enough, you might need to add chia seeds, blend them in the mixture and let them soak.
- If your pudding is too thick, add coconut milk.
- Ideal snack for travel – chia pudding will not spill as it is like jelly. For travel, prepare i straight in a jar.
- You can choose any type of fruit, preferably seasonal.
- Nuts may be added.
- Other types of vegan milk are suitable for this dessert.
- Any type of syrup, malt or fruit juice may be used to add sweetness.
- The dessert is suitablle for kids aged 1 year and over, make sure they are not sensitive (or allergic) to the fruit of your choice.