for cake form diameter 25 cm
- 150 g almonds
- 150 g dried dates
- 150 g organic coconut
Creamy filling – middle layer:
- 2 packs natural tofu (400 g)
- 50 g fruit concentrate + 150 g water or 200g pure apple juice
- 4 dried dates
- 100 g almonds
- 100 g walnuts
- pinch of salt
- 2 full tablespoons agar powder
- 350 g strawberries
- 2-3 tablespoons rice syrup (optional)
Jelly to go on top:
- 2 even tablespoons agar powder
- 500 g water
- 2 tablespoons fruit concentrate
- 150 g strawberries
- Soak 100 g almonds, 100 g walnuts and 4 dates for at least 1 hour (overnight is ok). You will need these for the middle layer.
- Base: Use dry almonds and dates. In food processor mix 150 g almonds and 150 g dates until you get flour consistence.
- In food processor mix 150 g organic coconut until you get coconut butter. You will need to pause mixing and wipe coconut from processor’s walls, and start mixing again. As our experience tell us, it’s neccessary to use organic coconut. Ordinary coconut will not mix into butter.
- Add almonds and dates mixture to coconut butter and mix well.
- Transfer mixture into form, press with hands and that’s the base done.
- Middle layer: Dice tofu and bring to boil with water and fruit concentrate (or with 200g pure apple juice). Add pinch of salt and boil for 10 minutes.
- Wash strawberries and puree them in food processor or with hand blender.
- Strain almonds, walnuts and nuts and puree them in food processor.
- Puree cooked tofu with boiling water. Add pureed strawberries and mixture from almonds, nuts and dates. Mix in 2 big tablespoons of agar powder, and bring to boil to activate agar.
- Taste to know whether filling is sweet enought. If it’s not, add rice syrup.
- Pour mixture on base.
- Jelly to go on top: Wash strawberries and place them evenly on middle layer.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of fruit concentrate in 500 g water and add 2 even tablespoons of agar powder. Bring to boil, boil for 2minutes.
- Pour jelly mixture very carefully on top of cake. Pour jelly with ladle, make sure you pour it over each strawbery. They will last longer. This last layer will become thick after cooling down in cold place (fridge).
- Put cake in a cool and dry place for at least 5 hours (overnight is ok) to thicken.
- Pure apple juice may be used instead of sugar-free fruit or apple concentrate.
- Do not expect the agar mixture to thicken as soon as it starts to boil. Agar jelly needs time to thicken. It becomes jelly after cooling down completely.
- Other type of nut butter may be used instead of coconut butter (e.g. almond butter).
- Other type of fruit, especially berries, may be used instead of strawberries. Then you might have to use syrup to add sweatness.
- This cake is suitable for children 1 1/2 years and older.