usual size tray
- 2 cups corn flour
- 8 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup shreded coconut unsweatened
- 200 grams raisins
- 1 kg egg-plums washed (mix of colours used in our recipe)
- 4 tablespoons rice syrup (or barley malt if you can eat gluten)
- 1 tablespoon oil (sezame oil or sunflower oil taste best)
- pinch of salt
- Heat water, add syrup or malt and stir well.
- Spill corn flour onto the tray evenly.
- Pour water with syrup to the tray with corn flour, add coconut, raisins, oil and salt.
- Add fruit.
- Bake on 180 °C for 55 minuts. Cake becomes solid once it cools down.
- Cut and serve after cooling.
- We recommend to store it in a cool place or in the fridge. Consume within 2 days.
- Egg-plums are full of water, the consintence might therefore seem too liquid after baking. The cake will become solid once it cools down.
- To add sweetness you can sprinkle the cake with barley malt powder.
- If you do not need the extra sweetness, you can consume the cake as it is.
- Any kind of fruit may be used depending on the season. A very tasty summer version suggests using apricots, strawberries. Dried fruit may also be used.
- Each serving may be decorated with herbs (mint or melissa leaves).
- The dessert is suitable for children aged 1 year and over, just remember to take out the stones. This cake might be used as a birthday one when made in a fancy mould.