Ingredients (4 portions)
- 150 g whole grain rice
- 150 g buckwheat
- 100 g carrots
- 50g walnuts or almonds
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon (if you like)
- 300-400 ml water
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- sugar-free jam
- Wash the rice, buckwheat and nuts (or almonds) and soak them in the fresh water. The minimum soaking time is 3 hours. Even better is to leave grains and nuts soaked for longer (overnight or from morning to evening).
- Then pour the soaking water and add 300(-400) ml of fresh water, one medium carrot and a pinch of salt.
- Mix everything at the highest speed in the blender into smooth dough.
- The dough should have a consistency like a pancake dough.
- A good quality pan (preferably with a non-stick bottom) lightly brush with oil and let it warm.
- Pour a scoop of the dough and slightly lower the temperature.
- Rotate when the dough is fully solidified and fry the other side. Be careful to don’t burn it.
- Spread the pancakes with jam without sugar and decorated with a tofu cheese cream.
- Don’t fry these pancakes very fast. They take little bit longer time to fry them on lower temperature. Use a pancake turner to turn them.
- You can give a small piece of pancake without jam to children 1,5+ years. To older children you can give the whole piece with jam and tofu cheese.