Ingredients (regular tray)
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups warm water
- 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups peeled rhubarb cut into small pieces
- 2 cups pears sliced
- 1/2 cup barley malt powder (liquid malt also possible)
- 2 tablespoons barley malt (or gluten-free syrup)
- 1 tablespoon oil (sesame or sunflower oil taste best)
- pinch of salt
- Heat water and mix with 2 tablespoons liquid malt until it dissolves.
- Spill dry corn polenta evenly on tray.
- Pour water with dissolved malt over the polenta.
- Sprinkle coconut on top, add oil and salt.
- Carefully place tray in preheated oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes on 180 °C.
- When mass holds form, take tray out from oven and put rhubarb and pear pieces on top, sprinkle malt powder (or pour liquid one) on top and put back in oven to bake some more.
- Bake for 20 more minutes. Check with skewer whether cake is done.
- Cut and serve after cooling.
- Store in cool place and consume within 2 days.
- We can other fruit depending on season. Try a delicious summer version with apricots or strawberies. Dried fruit may also be used.
- You can pour syrup over each serving and decorate with fresh mint or melissa leave.
- Dessert is suitable for children aged 1 year and older. It may also be prepared in a cake mold as a birthday cake.