- 2 cups cooked wholegrain rice
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup gluten-free sourdough
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup your favourite jam
- Activate sourdough by adding water and flour, leave to work in room temperature for few hours.
- Use leftover rice or cook extra rice and leave to cool down. If you mix sourdough and hot rice, sourdough won’t work.
- Mix cooled rice, flour, activated sourdough, salt and water in bowl.
- Mix well until you get dough of sticky consistence. Add flour or water if needed.
- Leave dough to rise for about 2 hours. Risen dough is plumper and contains bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Form balls with wet hands and place them on baking paper. With thumb dent each cookie. Put jam or preserve in each thumbprint.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Cookies are done when edges turn golden. To test if they are ready, insert a skewer into cookie – if it comes out clean, the cookies are done.
Cookies are gluten-free and do not contain too much flour. So they are suitable for kids aged 1.5 years. You can steam cookies instead of baking them, they will be easier to digest and suitable for even smaller children.
If your child is used to eating conventional cookies and bakery products, it’s ok to give them the baked version of cookies.