Ingredients (cake form 26 cm)
- 180g whole-grain plain spelt or wheat flour
- 80 g of almond meal
- 80g of Alsan fat or 1 dcl of oil
- 1 cup of sweetener
- 1 big teaspoon of baking powder without phosphates
- about 0,5 dcl of water
- pinch of salt
- 500 ml of plant-based milk
- 40 g of corn starch or 1 vanilla pudding
- 1 dcl rice malt or other sweetener
- 2 medium apples and 2 pears or 4 pieces of one kind of fruit
- 0.5 cup of organic raisins
- Mix the almonds in the blender, add flour, fat, a big tablespoons of sweeteners, a pinch of salt, baking powder, some water, and let the blender makes the dough.
- If the dough is too stiff and doesn’t stick together, add a little water (spoon or two) if it is too greasy, add some flour.
- Remove the dough from the blender, put it in a form that doesn’t to be erased.
- First, spread the dough with your fingers into a thin layer around the edges to a height of about 4 cm, then try to get it to the bottom so it is evenly spread.
- Put the form with the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the raisins – pour them with boiling water and let them soak for about 15 minutes.
- Into the cold homemade plant-based milk or milk from the store (not rice milk) stire one vanilla pudding or 40g of corn starch and the inside of a vanilla pod.
- When it is boiling, add rice syrup and let it boil for a minute.
- Then remove the pudding from the stove and lt it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C. Cut the apples and pears in half, remove the seeds and grate them.
- Pour the excess water out of the raisins and mix the apples and pears.
- Remove the dough in the form from the fridge, pour on the pudding and wait for about 5 minutes until it hardens.
- Then sprinkle it with grated apples with pears and raisins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for about 30 minutes.
- If you want to make it one step better add grated almonds or nuts to the grated fruit and add a crumb to the fruit.
- This dessert can be made only from apples or pears, but it is wonderful in the summer also with apricots or peaches.
- If you use plant-based milk in a box from a store, do not use rice milk, because it never make pudding consistency. If you cook the plant-based milk by yourself, you can use the rice and the pudding will be stiff. But we recommend to use thicker milk.
- You can give this cake in small quantities at the age of 2 and rather rarely (it is made with flour and baked).
- From 3 years kid can have it as an occasional snack.