for 10 bowls
- 1 cup millets
- 4 tablespoons tigernuts (or other nuts)
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons carob / cocoa
- 4 tablespoons barley malt (or rice syrup)
- Put the washed millets, tigernuts and a pinch of salt into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about 20 minutes to absorb water.
- Add the malt / syrup to your taste and thoroughly mix it into a smooth cream.
- Pour half of the cream into serving bowls and the remaining part mix with carob / cocoa into a smooth brown cream.
- On the first layer of the cream, carefully pour the second to keep them separate.
- In winter serve hot, in summer cool.
- If you don’t have problems with nuts (allergies), you can replace tigernuts with nuts of your choice or almonds. Another option is to use shredded coconut or seeds.
- The cream can be easily prepared from the leftover grains – just mix it with little bit of hot water.
- After cooling flip the cream onto a plate.
- Store in a refrigerator. If you pour the cream into a bottle, you can take it with you on a trip or to school/work.
- Dessert is suitable for children from 1 year of age.