- 500 g whole wheat or spelled flour
- 125 g oil
- 200 ml of beer
- pinch of salt
- 8 large pears / apples (or combination)
- big handful of raisins
- cinnamon to taste
- shredded coconut
- chopped walnuts
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough.
- Create a dough ball with your hands.
- Wrap in a bag and rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts.
- In the meantime, we’ll prepare the filling. If we have hard pears, grate them roughly (we can combine them with apples). In the case of soft pears cut into cubes.
- Mix all ingredients for the filling in a bowl.
- Roll out each piece of dough, put the squeezed filling in the middle and roll it up.
- Put on baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the strudel top with a mixture of syrup and water, which we mixed in a cup in advance.
- Decorate the dough with halves of walnuts or peeled almonds.
- Bake at 180°C for about 20-30 minutes.