pro 10 servings
- 1 litre poppyseed milk makového mléka
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons corn starch + 1 vanilla pod or vanilla flavouring (or 2 packs organic vanilla pudding powder
- malt to taste (or gluten-free syrup for celiacs)
- Get ready bowls for the pudding.
- Pour half of milk into saucepan, ad salt and heat.
- Mix corn starch and vanilla in other half of milk. Make sure it is smooth.
- When milk is near boiling, ad malt or syrup and pour in cold milk with corn starch. Keep stirring.
- Keep heating and stirring until mixture becomes creamy like custard. Boil for a minute and pour into bowls.
- If you want just plain poppyseed pudding, you can leave out vanilla altogether. Or you can replace vanilla with carob or high quality cocoa powder, cinnamon or other favourite spice.
- Store in a cool place, consume within two days.
- Suitable for children aged 1.5 years and over. If they are used to eating creamy deserts and vegan milk, then they can go ahead and try this one.