- 200 g spelt flour
- 300 g raw red beetroot
- 2 handfuls raisins
- baking powder (phosphate-free)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons 100% fruit concentrate (no added sugar)
- 3 tablespoons sweatener (liquid malt or syrup)
- 100 g plant based milk or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons organic cocoa powder or carob
- 50 g vegetable oil
- Clean beetroot.
- Boil for one hour without peeling.
- Then let it cool and peel.
- Puree cooked and peeled beetroot with raisins with hand blender.
- Mix all dry ingredients in bowl: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa or carob.
- Add mixed beetroot with raisins, fruit concentrate, vegan milk and oil and mix well.
- Grease and flour (with flour or shredded coconut) the mold or lay it with baking paper.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes on 180°C.
- You can spread jam on the cake after it has cooled down and coat with carob coating.
- You can add oil, vegan milk and fruit concentrate to the mixture of beetroot and raisins in the process of mixing it. Then mix well with dry ingredients.