[ingredients info=”one large tray”]
- 250 g (2 cups) fine oat flakes
- 200 g (2 cups) plain rice puffs
- 200g (1 cup) roasted peanuts unsalted
- 4 tablespoons linseed
- 2-4 tablespoons barley malt
- sunflower oil
- pinch of salt
- Dry-roast oats in non-stick skillet until they start smelling and change colour slightly.
- Dry-roast linseed. Rinse them beforehand.
- Heat oil (0.5cm) in very large saucepan, add malt and salt. Stir continuously until foam appears.
- Mix in oat flakes, rice puffs, peanuts and linseed.
- Transfer mixture on tray lined out with baking paper. Put baking paper on top as well and press mixture with hands or with a rolling pin or cutting board.
- Once it cools down cut into pieces or shapes of your choice and serve. It tastes best freshly made.
- Store in a cool place. It is long-lasting. The older the snack is, the harder it gets and the more difficult it is to chew.