Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 3-4 pears
- ground cinnamon
- handful roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons soy cream powder or other vegan milk powder
- 2 teaspoons corn starch or kuzu root starch
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup cereal drink (Nesvita, Inka or similar)
- 1 cup water
- Wash pears, cut out core.
- Steam pears with pinch of salt and cinnamon for 10 minutes.
- Mix starch and milk powder in cereal drink until dissolved without lumps.
- Take out soft pears, put them into bowls.
- Leave water left after steaming in saucepan.
- Add cereal drink and stach mixture, stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat as soon as mixture starts thickening.
- Pour sauce onto pears and sprinkle with roasted almond pieces.
- Decorate with fresh mint leaves or any other fresh leaves or flowers (melissa, daisy etc.:-)
- If you’re making the dessert for adults, real coffee may be used. On the other hand it might be appreciated if you add syrup or malt into the sauce for kids.